commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [Logging] How can I submit a concrete Log implementation (WLSLogger)?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:23:38 GMT
>Not particularly familiar with the submission process,
>I'll have to ask likely a stupid question: Is it
>appropriate to suggest adding a concrete Log
>implementation based on commercial appserver product to
>Commons Logging?

I'm just a bystander, but if you ask me, there's no reason to add a
lot of implementations to the logging package.  It's meant as an API,
like JDBC is an API.

It may make more sense to create a Source Forge project for your code
base and ask the Logging committers to add a link to it from the
project pages.

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956