commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: [joran] example (was Re: [Latka][Proposal] Make Jelly a required dependency?)
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:07:02 GMT
>Is there anyway to create and throw away an appender?  Or to require
>that loggers come first?  The other way would be to cache the appender
>nodes somehow in a custom rule, that is then accessible when the time
>comes to need to load it.

I would think you could have Digester rules create an appender
CONFIGURATION object, and stick it in a map under the appender name,
and then make an Appender Factory that instantiates and returns an
appender based upon the configuration if such a thing is ever called
for?

Yes, you might make an extra object which isn't used, but that's not
that much different from making a DOM sub-tree for that stuff and
interpreting that when the appender is called for later...

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956