commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Prickett <prick...@shpimp.com>
Subject Re: Licensing Issues
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:17:44 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Michael A. Smith wrote:

> Jeff Prickett wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > The licensing details will be worked out soon.
>
> hrm.  what's this mean?

Just means that I will clean up the dates and double check that
each file holds a correct license before any formal "release" or snapshot

> > A good portion of the Periodicity code base dates back to 2000. Some of
> > the UML diagrams date back to 1999.
> >
> > However, you are right the code just checked in is totally new and as
> > such should hold (c) 2002.
>
> cool.  :)
>
> > As far as this being my own original contribution. It is. There are no
> > conflicts as far as outside copyrights.
>
> Thanks for reaffirming that.  I was just being anal about the dates
> though.  :)

I am pretty anal about licensing issues myself. I worked for hire on a
proprietary version of iCalendar that was based on the Apache code that
I had written so I had to cover my but about what I put into Apache CVS.
I dont think that I will ever work on a proprietary extension like that
for someone else again.

> michael

Jeff Prickett