commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [land] Land/Logging WAS: [lang] MethodUtils
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:04:19 GMT

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> one of the consequences of MethodUtils being in lang is that lang can't
> depend on commons-logging. i found that without logging, it's nearly
> impossible to debug some things.

As a hypothetical, what are the bad sides to Lang being dependent on
Logging. It would obviously be nice to have a Lang which logs output.

I would hope that the JDK someday would have good internal logging
support.

However, Logging also might want to depend on Lang. So we have the classic
cyclic dependency. Solutions? Merge?

Anyways. I'm not proposing this, I just want to generate some thoughts..

Hen