commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [collections] CursorableLinkedList
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:26:54 GMT

Just the naming convention. I tend to assume that:

XXxxMap   is a generic map.
XxxxHashMap is a map that uses a Hash and furthermore is also a HashMap.

It's nice to be able to tell XXxxxMap to use a HashMap internally if I
have the chance. Both MultiHashMap and FastHashMap follow this naming
convention.

So I'd expect same to hold for CursLinkedList.

It's not a biggy, just a comment in case anyone thinks it might be
important.

Does XxxxHashMap merely imply it's a Map, with some kind of Hash?
Probably.

Hen