commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [lang] Lang article
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:48:19 GMT

In time honoured fashion [cf Jakarta Taglib mail lists :)] I'd like to
mention an article I've had published on Commons Lang.

http://builder.com.com/article.jhtml;jsessionid=Q3OTMFTI5RQGLTQQABUCFFQ?id=u00320021017yan01.htm&page=1&vf=tt

[also currently available from the www.builder.com front page].

Hopefully it'll help raise awareness etc. Was a little odd as it's the
first time I've written an article with that much first-person, but I
wanted to try and give a flavour of the fun of working on an open-source
project.

I also exchanged emails with Howard Ship today, the creator of Tapestry
[http://tapestry.sourceforge.net]. He mentioned that Tapestry was using
the Enum sub-package of Commons Lang, which as it only entered the cvs
tree at the end of august is a pretty good turn around to a big-name
customer :)

Hen