commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [io] proceeding...
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:53:33 GMT

I've cleared out some file filters form io.*, so now they're all in
io.filefilter.*

Someone mentioned Cocoon's Utils over on the reorg site. So one thing to
do is look there to see if there's any great reusable ideas.

Looking at Cocoon's Utils, I see a BufferedOutputStream which is just a
CountingOutputStream wrapped around a java.io.BufferedOutputStream, so I
see no need to ingest it.
They also have a JavaArchiveFilter [filters on jar or zip]. This should be
replacable with an ExtensionFileFilter.
A PostInputStream which handles some InputStream stuff for POSTs. Might be
of interest?
And an IOUtils, which needs going through.

Things that seem to be needed in IO:

View AbstractFileFilter and look at Ola Berg's version and decide
Cleaning
Unit testing
Javadoc

Bound to have missed tons :) Hopefully this will flesh out over time.

Hen