commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <>
Subject Re: [Logging] How can I submit a concrete Log implementation (WLSLogger)?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:31:46 GMT
Just My Opinion/Thoughts:

There are other Apache/Jakarta projects that include pluggable
implementations unique to a vendor (sun comes to mind quite often).
Donating is fine, but keep in mind that when we cut a release we need to
be able to build.  If there are build dependencies, that can be a problem.
 Perhaps we can include source-code only components in future

Richard A. Sitze

I've implemented and tested WLSLogger with WebLogic
Server 6.1/7.0 - both server (JSP) and client (Java
app) side and would like to donate it to Apache.

Not particularly familiar with the submission process,
I'll have to ask likely a stupid question: Is it
appropriate to suggest adding a concrete Log
implementation based on commercial appserver product to
Commons Logging?

If yes, how do I do it - just following patch
submission guidelines? If not, I'd like to understand
what's wrong with that... Thanks a lot for attention.

Get your FREE personalized e-mail at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>