commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant gump.xml
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:48:24 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 22/10/2002 04:31:25 PM:

> This is quite different from the descriptor I have written inside of
> Gump's cvs - and yours won't work as is.
>
> (1) <module name="commons-grant">
>
> there is no CVS module by that name.  If you want to stick with that
> name, you'll need to specify a different module name in the <cvs>
> element.

So this should be the cvs module, e.g.
jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-grant, and all will be ok with Gump?

> (2) <ant buildfile="build.xml" target="jar">
>
> missing basedir, grant is not at the top level of the module.

If fix (1) this should be ok, right?

> (3) <property name="maven.final.name" value="commons-grant-
> @@DATE@@"></property>
>
> won't do anything as this property is not used in build.xml.  The
> property to set is "final.name".

Will double check and fix Maven.

> (4) <depend project="junit"></depend>
>
> well, I have that as well (because you said so 8-), but there are not
> tests (yet?).

Correct. This is auto generated by Maven under the assumption every body
tests :) I can and will fix this one in Maven too.

> (5) <depend project="ant"></depend>
>
> a real problem.  There is no project called "ant", only "jakarta-ant",
> which commons-grant already depends on.  Gump would drop
> "commons-grant" because "ant" doesn't exist.

This is another problem - the naming of projects in Maven vs Gump. I'm
sure there will be more.

> (6) <work nested="target/classes"></work>
>
> unneeded, at least for now (may change when testcases get added).  And
> then, it would have to be nested="grant/target/classes".

If I fix (1) and (2) this is correct, right?

> (7) <home nested="target"></home>
>
> again, needs a grant prefix.

If I fix (1) and (2) this is correct, right?

> (8) <javadoc nested="docs/apidocs"></javadoc>
>
> Is a lie ;-)
>
> The build process doesn't generate any javadocs at all, don't claim it
> would do.

Ok, and this should either be removed, or Maven should be fixed.

> I know that you've generated this descriptor so maybe my diagnosis can
> help to improve all Maven generated Gump descriptors (the one for
> stratum has a couple of very similar problems, which means we cannot
> use it).

I'm keen to get these resolved.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting