commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant gump.xml
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:18:22 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 23/10/2002 05:22:06 PM:

> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:
[snip]
> >> (1) <module name="commons-grant">
[snip]
> If at all, it would be jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant, and I don't
> think the way Gump constructs the cvs command line would work with
> that.
Ok, let me know...

> I'll investigate, but it is probably easier to leave the module name
> as commons-grant and change the <cvs> element.
>
> >> (3) <property name="maven.final.name" value="commons-grant-
> >> @@DATE@@"></property>
> >>
> >> won't do anything as this property is not used in build.xml.
Ah, yes it is....check out the
  <property name="final.name" value="${maven.final.name}"/>

At the top of the build...

> >> (5) <depend project="ant"></depend>
[snip]
> > This is another problem - the naming of projects in Maven vs
> > Gump. I'm sure there will be more.
>
> There certainly are (I know Maven uses log4j for what is jakarta-log4j
> in Gump for example, but then again, it could be jakarta-log4j-12).
Ok, I'm happy to start a map of Maven -> Gump names in Maven, which we can
add to as we go along.

> >> (8) <javadoc nested="docs/apidocs"></javadoc>
> >>
> >> Is a lie ;-)
> >
> > Ok, and this should either be removed, or Maven should be fixed.
Hang on, the build file has a target for javadocs in there.... is there
something wrong with it?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au