commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject RE: gumpifying vfs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:20:41 GMT

Ok, I've done this.  There were a couple of tiny issues:

The vfs tests have a post goal action on test:test-resources, that sets up a
bunch of test data.  The generated build.xml doesn't invoke this action
(which is fair enough), so the tests fail.  Which causes the build to fail.

Simplest solution might be to rearrange the dependencies in the generated
build.xml, so that the jar target depends on compile-tests, and dist depends
on test.  Rather than dist -> jar -> test -> compile-tests.

Even better would be if the ant plugin knew that it shouldn't run the tests
if there are custom actions hanging off the test goals.  Or if it could
somehow invoke those actions.  Or provide some way for me to specify which
tests are runnable from the ant script, and which are not.

Also, with the generated gump.xml, it might be better if the from address in
the nag email is someone a little closer related to the project (like, say,
one of the developers), rather than the maven developers.