commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Horman <jhor...@musicmatch.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] usage, output file
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:18:26 GMT
Sure, why not... should I just email the new src/diffs to this list...

-jason

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 11:03 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [jelly] usage, output file

From: "Jason Horman" <jhorman@musicmatch.com>
> Usage: Jelly scriptFile [outputFile]
>
> My Jelly scripts do not output anything. They do take input parameters.
The
> report below take a date as an import parameter and then executes sql,
etc,
> based on that date. I end up with an empty file called 20020922 after each
> run.
>
> Would it not make more sense to have the usage be:
>
> Usage: Jelly scriptFile [-o outputFile] scriptParams
>
> It looks like http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/introduction.html
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/introduction.html>  could help.
> Actually, if jelly could then make the CLI objects available instead of
> "args[]" then the scripts could be passed "-date 20020922" options.
>
> jelly databuild.jelly 20020922
>
> <jelly xmlns="jelly:core" xmlns:log="jelly:log"
xmlns:bsh="jelly:beanshell"
>     xmlns:ant="jelly:ant" xmlns:sql="jelly:sql">
>
>     <set var="date" value="${args[1]}"/>
>     <log:info> building ${date} </log:info>
>
> </jelly>

I'd love the Jelly command line to allow options such as the output file to
be specified then allowing other arguments to the script to follow as you
describe.  It'd also be nice to specifiy properties on the command line
too...

    jelly foo.jelly -o somefile.txt -Dsomething=1234 arg1 arg2 arg3

This would rock. Fancy having a go at implementing it? :-)

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

For additional commands, e-mail:
This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient or his/her representative, please contact the
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.