commons-dev mailing list archives

From "joe mcglynn" ...@joemcglynn.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] CLI 1.0 Release
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 02:42:28 GMT
Is this a bug?  Or am I using this incorrectly?

I have an option with short and long values.  Given code that is
essentially what is below, with a PosixParser I see results as follows:

A command line with just "-t" prints out the results of the catch block
(OK)
A command line with just "-target" prints out the results of the catch
block (OK)
A command line with just "-t foobar.com" prints out "processing selected
target: foobar.com" (OK)
A command line with just "-target foobar.com" prints out "processing
selected target: arget" (ERROR?)

=======================
  private static final String OPTION_TARGET = "t";
  private static final String OPTION_TARGET_LONG = "target";
  // ...
  Option generateTarget = new Option(OPTION_TARGET,
                                     OPTION_TARGET_LONG,
                                     true,
                                     "Generate files for the specified
target machine");
  // ...
  try {
        parsedLine = parser.parse(cmdLineOpts, args);
      } catch (ParseException pe) {
        System.out.println("Invalid command: " + pe.getMessage() +
"\n");
        HelpFormatter hf = new HelpFormatter();
        hf.printHelp(USAGE, cmdLineOpts);
        System.exit(-1);
      }

  if (parsedLine.hasOption(OPTION_TARGET)) {
    System.out.println("processing selected target: " +
parsedLine.getOptionValue(OPTION_TARGET));
  }