commons-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Volle <>
Subject Re: [clazz] Clazz API mock-up
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:29:03 GMT
> Just wanted to clarify the naming: what you call Attributes are not the
> same
> as what Berin calls Attributes.  Your Attributes are like my Fields.

Yes, I think so. Imagine a class "Foo" with an instance variable
"bar". In the MetaModel the MetaClass Foo would have an
(Meta)Attribute that has the name "bar". This "bar" can have

What do you prefer?

> > > BTW, the original SmallTalk (arguably the first OO language) did not
> have
> > > the notion of inheritance.  Not that we want to go back to those
> times.
> >
> > Oops. I am quite sure it has. But it allows to add methods
> > on the fly.
> I was talking about the "orignial" SmallTalk.  Inheritance was absent from
> either SmallTalk-72 or SmallTalk-74. It was introduced in SmallTalk-76.

Oh, I did not know that. I just know Smalltalk80.
(I have written a minimal smalltalk system
as a project in university).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message