commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils][lang][PROPOSAL] deprecated beanutils version of MethodUtils
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:58:32 GMT
On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 07:19 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> since this change will mean quite a bit of work and will introduce a new
>> dependency for beanutils, i'd rather not rely on lazy consensus.
>> obviously
>> i'm +1.
>
> Ideas for how to handle dependencies better at Jakarta Commons would be
> good. String Taglib is dependent on Lang and the number one problem users
> have is not having commons-lang in their classpath.

i agree with craig (but then, i find that i usually do).

it's important to have our releases available independently but that's no
reason not to also offer in addition jar's containing all dependencies.

so, i'd like to be able to offer a jar containing the latest versions of
all the commons goodies (but i've never been able to get the combo project
to run).

i also think that the String Taglib should consider offering a
ready-to-run release which contained the commons-lang classes as well as
an minimal release containing just the taglib code.

- robert