commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: License and copyright issues
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:56:53 GMT
I found a few things not yet mentioned:

1) In codec\Metaphone.java, "Copyright 1997, William B. Brogden", which is
clearly a problem.

2) In scaffold, numerous instances of "Copyright (c) 2002 Synthis
Corporation.", also clearly a problem.

3) There are many, many cases where an abbreviated form of the Apache
license is used. I don't recall whether this is permitted or not, but I know
at the very least it's "not recommended".

--
Martin Cooper