commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [general] checkstyle report
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:15:33 GMT
By default, I believe Mavenised projects are configured for the Sun coding
conventions. Maven also directly supports the Turbine conventions, but you
can modify either set, or define an entirely new set, on a per-project
basis. There are Commons components that use each of these alternatives.

The Commons charter allows each component to define its own set of coding
conventions, as long as the conventions are documented. The default is the
Sun coding conventions, if nothing else is stated.

The bottom line is that each project gets to choose whether to change the
code to adhere to a specific set of conventions, or modify the conventions
to suit the existing code.

--
Martin Cooper