commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [fileupload] fileupload release?
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:00:31 GMT

That's the plan, yes.

> 2)  when will there be an "official" beta / final release?

Soon, I hope. The Struts 1.1 will rely on FileUpload, so I'd like to get
this out sooner rather than later. The code originally came from Turbine,
but I don't know if Turbine actually uses FileUpload at this point. (Any
Turbine folks care to comment?)

Only a few days ago, I had been about to request a vote to move FileUpload
to Commons Proper. Then the whole discussion of what to do with Jelly came
up, including the question of whether it should move to Commons Proper
before or after it was ready for a release, so I've been holding off waiting
to see what the concensus is on that. (There's no relationship with Jelly,
other than that both projects are currently in the sandbox and wanting to
release soon.)

I believe the only thing missing that will be required before FileUpload can
be released is unit tests. I've started on that, but haven't had time to
finish it up. Any help would be appreciated. ;-)

I'm tempted to see if we can move FileUpload to Commons Proper first, so
that it gets some more visibility, and hopefully some more live usage,
before finishing it up and readying it for release.

Comments welcome.

--
Martin Cooper