commons-dev mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject [sql] Refactor JDBCTransformTast?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:40:08 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking at leveraging the JDBC -> xml capabilties of the SQL package.
I looked at the JDBCTransformTask, and it does what I need, but I would like
to output the information in a different format (what DBForms uses
www.dbforms.org).

Should I refactor the JDBCTransformTask into two classes, one with all the
getColumns(), getTables() etc, and one that outputs the data in Torque
format?  And then use the refactored DatabaseMetaDataBuilder (?) and my own
DbFormsJDBCTransform to output the metadata in my own format?

I don't want to refactor the code if it isn't something that would be
commited.

Eric Pugh