commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject [beanutils][jelly] running in an applet...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:54:25 GMT

Hi there,

Jelly-Swing is really nice to build user-interfaces.
Now, we tried to use Jelly-Swing to build applet user-interfaces. I do
believe that it would be a very nice application (sort of imitating XUL
in some aspects).

First easy trouble: JellyContext is invoking System.getProperties() then
Jelly invokes System.getProperties... no problem, easy to remove, should
be "configurable".

Now the bigger problem is that BeanUtil is using Class.getMethods()
which... throws an AccessControlException...

Does anyone have experience with java modern security ? Is any kind of
reflection (like getMethod() or so) possible ?
If not, I guess I can conclude that Jelly is dead for non-trusted
applets.

Paul