commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [collections] Primitive collections
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:39:42 GMT
Yeah, what he said. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 4:29 PM
To: Bruce@EckelObjects.com; commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [collections] Primitive collections

The exclusion plan seems to be OK.

For the primitive design, my first approach would be to start with
IntCollection and IntList interfaces and work out. I think that the
interfaces can be exactly the same as the Collection and List interfaces,
but returning/taking in ints instead of Objects. Just to achieve this will
also require an IntIterator.

The current implementations also have a 'capacity' concept, and that will
need to be considered too. Maybe a separate interface.

Once we have Int working, other primitive types are just search and replace.
Then we will need a PrimitiveUtils static class to contain the adaptors.

Well, its a starting point.....

Stephen