commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient HttpURL.java
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:09:43 GMT

>Ooopss, really?  just one per each project?
>Hmmm.. only putting classes in the sub packages?
>I haven't known that...  :(     And, I think, that's so not reasonable
>and inconvient to add just a few or several classes for my current use.
>
>If so, could you please point it out where I can find those rules?

This is the only link I have for that type of information:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html
I still think a subpackage in httpclient is a reasonable solution.

>Actually, my purpose for HttpClient was just to support correct URI
>encoding mechanism in general and to adapt those thingys....
>(I mean I haven't been not interested in improving HttpClient,
> because, I believe, it's going  forward well by you guys... )

Right, with your help it has.  But having a few related classes that
"support correct URI encoding" still suits your personal goals and fits
the vision for HttpClient as well.

-jsd