commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient HttpURL.java
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:09:17 GMT

Sung-Gu wrote:

> I think this class should be independent from other classes except for
> Java
> core classes.
> It's for its extensiblity for support of other protocols and user-oriented
> ways...

Okay. But this class is in the package httpclient. If it was a generic
class then it should be in a package unrelated to httpclient. I am still
for the NameValuePair[].

As a general rule:
- It's okay for a class to reference other classes residing in the same
package or in sub-packages.
- It's okay for any class to reference any class that is part of the
documented dependencies of the package.

What do others think?

Odi