commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject Re: [io] writer/reader sub-packages
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:29:01 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> The IO lib, if it takes off [and it should] will have lots of Readers,
> Writers, InputStreams and OutputStreams.
>
> I'd like to plan these off of the top level in a sub-package. I think it's
> obvious that input and output shoudl be separated, but should Stream and
> Reader/Writer?

[snip]

Henry,

Take a look at <http://javaxmlstream.sourceforge.net/>.  The use of a
common IOStream really helps to keep readers and writers balanced, but
at the cost of being able to implement the DataInput and DataOutput
interfaces of J2SE.

Probably makes your decision harder.  Sorry.  I'll shutup now. ;)

--
Michael