commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject Re: [betwixt] XML files and XMLIntrospector
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:26:39 GMT
Michael Davey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with betwixt and I am not sure whether it is a bug
> or lack of unserstanding.

> The problem is that XMLIntrospector (actually
> ElementDescriptor.hasAttributes()) does not see the 'id' attribute for
> my inner class when looking for the ID/IDREF attribute
> (getIDAttribute()) while preparing to write the class.

After further investigation...

The problem occurs when ElementDescriptor.hasAttributes() is called
before ElementDescriptor.getAttributeDescriptors().

Possible fixes:
   Change javadoc for hasAttributes() to state that
"getAttributeDescriptors() MUST be called before hasAttributes()" and
then change XMLIntrospector.findIDAttribute() to comply with the new
contract.

   Change hasAttributes() to call getAttributeDescriptors() if
attributes == null.  Possible side effects?  I'm not familiar with the
code, so I couldn't say.

--
Michael