commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject [general] (was: Re: [beanutils][lang][PROPOSAL] deprecated beanutils version of MethodUtils)
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:21:52 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Ideas for how to handle dependencies better at Jakarta Commons would be
> good. String Taglib is dependent on Lang and the number one problem users
> have is not having commons-lang in their classpath.

More of a workaround than a fix, but I'd like to suggest the following:

   o  Ensure that there is an 'install' task for each component, that
copies (or moves) the jar to ${lib.repo}, where ${lib.repo} is
configured in, say, the users' .antrc

   o  Use the <get/> or optional <jjar/> task to fetch the dependencies

--
Michael