commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject [betwixt] XML files and XMLIntrospector
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:10:53 GMT
Hi,

I am having a problem with betwixt and I am not sure whether it is a bug
or lack of unserstanding.  I am trying to write an inner class as XML,
using BeanWriter and a *.betwixt configuration file.  Neither the outer
nor the inner class extend XMLBeanInfo or BeanInfo, however the inner
class does have public mutators and accessors.

The problem is that XMLIntrospector (actually
ElementDescriptor.hasAttributes()) does not see the 'id' attribute for
my inner class when looking for the ID/IDREF attribute
(getIDAttribute()) while preparing to write the class.  The introspector
does see the attribute later, when looking for other elements and
attributes to write out.  The result is that a sequential id is used
rather than the id provided by getId() in my inner class (actually, both
are written).

I've attached a testcase that demonstrates the problem.  Untar it from
the base directory (the the directory with build.xml).  Please note that
the tar contains a modified version of
src/test/org/apache/commons/betwixt/xmlunit/XmlTestCase.java

Does this look like user error or a bug?

Also, I had problems running the test target from build.xml.  The
basedir seems to be set incorrectly.  I've attached a patch in case I am
right.

Cheers,
--
Michael