commons-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [clazz] Type-based or instance-based metadata? Take II
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:50:29 GMT
Adam Murdoch wrote:

> [...]

Utility classes like StringUtils and such that do not store state, or
cache instances are perfectly acceptable in all environments.  There is
no way unauthorized access to information that does not belong to
unauthorized objects.

Anything that should store state or cache values should not be static.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin