commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naming issues
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:15:00 GMT

Michael A. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Why not just decide to move the Jakarta Commons projects to Commons and
>>the Sandbox ones to Incubator?
>>
>>This is not a proposal for a diktat, but a *suggestion* for Jakarta
>>Commons projects to take part of the Commons and Incubator Project creation.
>>
>>  general-subscribe@commons.apache.org
>

> As far as jakarta-commons goes (ignoring the sandbox/incubator), I sent
> a message to commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org asking whether this is
> something we, as committers on jakarta-commons, wanted to consider, and
> so far the only real reaction was major uncertainty due to the lack of
> defined structure/procedures in @commons.apache.

Yeah, that's why I posted it here!

Come on guys, come over to general@commons.apache.org, let's make
ourselves heard, help create the rules there, so finally Commons can
have it's top-level project!

It's not something that has to be imposed, we can help over there!

            general-subscribe@commons.apache.org

> hrrmmm...  when'd this thread move from reorg@apache to general@jakarta?
> strange.

hehehe, when I cross-posted ;-)

Oh, and now I'm at it, here it goes, welcome to the discussion
commons-dev!  :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -