commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naming issues
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:22:26 GMT

Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

Then you've seen nothing yet ;-)

 >>Defining a different namespace will just make things easier, by avoiding
 >>stupid discussions like the one that is happening now, because there
 >>*are* people that just want to break balls as we say.
 >

 > *nod*
 >

 >>IMHO using
 >>
 >>   org.apache.common.*
 >>
 >>is a possible solution.
 >>
 >>Also, when I say common_s_ I kept making errors in declarations because
 >>I expected "common" since it's a "common" namespace, not a "commons"
 >>namespace.
 >

 > Well, I find 'common' not too far off to object to it.  We just have
 > to make sure that it is well explained* what the Common PMC is about,
 > since I can already see the confusion in such a name...

;-)

 > It does feel like jumping through hoops though to fix earlier mistakes.

Feels? ;-) It *is* hehehe

 > Therefor I still think Jakarta Commons should fix their naming scheme.
 > But that will have to be brought up there, not here.

It's completely impractical, and will hurt Jakarta immensely.

Oh, well, now that I think of it, this is only for projects that have
already been released...

Other opinions?

              - verba volant, scripta manent -

             - verba volant, scripta manent -