commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - commons-jxpath. Please help
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:15:40 GMT
dIon Gillard wrote:
>> Please, help!
>> I have been looking for some instructions as to how to add new
> dependencies
>> to a Jakarta Commons project.  What is the procedure?
> There really isn't one documented....

Documentation on the data format:

Documentation on how to send a patch:

>> Last time I added a dependency (on JDOM), GUMP stopped producing nightly
>> build zips.  This time I added commons-beanutils and the situation got
> even
>> worse - GUMP is failing altogether.
> That's because the Gump descriptor isn't part of the project source - a
> major failing in GUMP at this point in time - the GUMP descriptors are all
> under the gump proposal's (it's not a project) CVS control to which you
> aren't a committer.

Take a look at*checkout*/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/profile/gump.xml

Scan for the word checkout.  Several projects manage their own descriptors.

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message