commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stéphane MOR <>
Subject [jelly] as a Turbine templating framework ?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:38:41 GMT

I read a while ago something interesting about a JellyServlet...

I'll like to know if there has been some attempts of a Jelly Service for
Turbine (or Fulcrum),
that would work like VelocityService (ie: you request
and the service evaluates the script and sends it to the browser).

Though, I don't know how Turbine deals with Layouts, Navigations,
Screens, etc.
This could be reproduced I guess.

One problem is that is could break the MVC pattern, as eventually some
logic would be inserted in those
scripts rather than in services/pull tools.

We could then have "jelly actions", which would do something, set a
template to use, and pass its context to
the "jelly screen". This could even be goal-oriented, with "jelly:jerkz" !!

If it's been done/thought of already, please point me to the info.
Otherwise, I'll try something like that in the next few days.

Any ideas ?

Yahoo! Mail :

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>