commons-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject [daemon] [VOTE] Code reorg and API changes
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:21:50 GMT
As was discussed a while ago with Costin and a few others, it appears
that the daemon API is inadequate, and a refactoring is proposed.

The reorg is:
- Removal of the daemon API (org.apache.commons.daemon), to be replaced
by pure introspection. The rationale for this was discussed with Costin
at the time.
- Creation of a commons-launcher component to host the launcher code now
used in the upcoming Tomcat 5. It turns out the merge with Ant will not
happen in the forseeable future, and the functionality is useful in
Tomcat, so I think we should keep the code in the commons, and wait for
it to be "picked up" :)
- As a consequence, the "daemon" module will be renamed to "launcher".
It is also proposed that the resulting module be moved to commons proper.

<ballot>
+1 [ ] Yes
-1 [ ] No:

</ballot>