commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [lang] MethodUtils [WAS Re: [beanutils][lang][PROPOSAL] deprecated beanutils version of MethodUtils]
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:29:06 GMT
On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 09:42 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

<snip>

> Robert, as you have probably spotted, I have created a number of new
> classes
> and a new API for the reflect subpackage in [lang]. FieldUtils is about
> finished, but MethodUtils is modtly commented out.
>
> So, there is still much work todo before beanutils can actually depend on
> lang. But if you can help thats great.

hi Stephen

i haven't read anything bad about my proposal so i plan to start work on
this stuff soon.

i've taken a quick look and you've made quite a few changes. any pointers
you'd like to give me about these changes?

i've noticed that you've commented out the invokeMethod implementation. my
first job will be to get that working about. are there any modifications
that you need me to make to the commented out code (or is it just a case
of get it working again)?

one of the consequences of MethodUtils being in lang is that lang can't
depend on commons-logging. i found that without logging, it's nearly
impossible to debug some things.

what i'd like to do is add a debug boolean and a log method (probably both
private) that logs messages to System.out. this would allow debugging
calls to remain in place *but* we'd have to remember to switch the flag
back off before committing. is that ok with you?

- robert