commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Digester Tutorial article on OReilly's OnJava site (fwd)
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:45:21 GMT

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:25:15 -0800
> From: Scott Sanders <sanders@apache.org>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [general] Digester Tutorial article on OReilly's OnJava site
>     (fwd)
>
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:17:39PM -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> > Should we be collating articles on Commons components in a unified way?
>
> I think it would probably be good to list it in the project's page, and possibly on the
external news on the jakarta home page.

> > Should Jakarta be doing it in a unified way?
>
> I think the home page/news page is the common way.
>
> > Should each project handle it itself?
>
> I think they should, yes.
>

> > Do we even want to be linking to articles on our projects? [I've assumed a
> > yes with the questions above, but maybe the answers will surprise me].
> >

> I think so.  Log4j does.

Struts does this also, and not just for articles, starting on a special
page <http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/resources/>.

Of course, this comes only as a result of people submitting proposed
additions through the bug tracking system, and the tireless efforts of
committers like Ted Husted to keep the resource pages up to date.

The same principle of link submission could easily be done for Commons
packages.  Then it's up to the committers to update the website page
sources.

Craig