commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: [clazz] Type-based or instance-based metadata? Take II
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:17:58 GMT
Have you ever worked with PL/I ?
It had features that allowed for automatic promotions/demotions and
conversions similar to what you're calling out here. And they can be useful.

But they also allow a lot of unintended consequences.

Not throwing it out out of hand, but I'm not sure catching exceptions and
trying something else is better than inspecting the exact signature.