commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: [collections] collections depends on lang? (RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/collections/src/java/org/apache/commons/collections ClassMap.java)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:35:06 GMT
When libraries are too small, you start to have to make bad decisions about
coupling. There are natural ways for lang, collections, beanutils and a few
others to interact. Coupling them is probably better than duplicating the
behavior. OTOH, it does introduce more management difficulties, because the
releases would need to be coordinated.

It is interesting to note that the releases of many of these projects,
although coordinated separately, do tend to come in waves. The release bug is
contagious.