commons-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [clazz] Just a beginning...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:00:06 GMT
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:25:40AM +0100, scolebourne@btopenworld.com wrote:
> Thanks for the start Scott. I almost did the creation myself last night, but decided
not to (as it was late and I was sure to make a mistake ;-)

> According to the current divisions, MethodUtils belongs in [lang], not [clazz]. The distinction
being [lang] has simple reflection helpers, [clazz] manages class introspection and manipulation.

> In fact, it may be necessary for [clazz] to have a 1.3 dependency to enable the Proxy
class to be used. This would emphasise the difference between the packages.

> Last night I promoted the reflection code from [lang sandbox] to [lang]. Thus if you
now look in the [lang] CVS you will find MethodUtils, FieldUtils, ConstructorUtils, ReflectionUtils,
ClassUtils and ArrayUtils.

> These are untested however, and the API needs validating. But its a good start. So if
you are looking on changing the [beanutils] code, its actually [lang] you should look at.

> Stephen

Sorry, the MethodUtils was a mistake.  Tooooo much freakin' email this week.  Just remove
MethodUtils when you add something else.  I will take a look at delegator this weekend.

--
Scott Sanders - sanders@apache.org