commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache commons [was:Re: Naming issues]
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:50:16 GMT

--- Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

<snip/>

> > And whats more, no-ones given me any opportunity
> to vote on it. Its being
> > presented as a fait accompli. (And yes I've read
> your email about it not
> > being imposed, but it sure as hell feels that
> way).
>
> There is a certain, "you can go your own way, but we
> feel we're bigger
> than you" feeling. Maybe we're just defensive
> though?
>
> Hen

To me, it's all hopelessly vague at this point.  There
are no details as to how components are accepted,
decisions made, etc.  I wrote an email today on the
reorg list trying to encourage elaboration from the
Apache Commons folks, but so far no responses.

I think it's pretty silly that they started the party
and then sent out the invitations.  They shouldn't be
surprised when people don't show.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange