commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - commons-latka
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:34:03 GMT
I'm fairly active on Jelly, so I could provide a
snapshot build of the most recent changes.  There are
snapshots in the Maven repo too, although that
snapshot may be a teensy bit stale.

It's too bad that Jelly + deps isn't GUMPified yet.
GUMP is a very valuable process for keeping
everybody's API on the same page.

> On 18 Oct 2002, Ted Husted <ted@husted.com> wrote:
>
> >     cannot resolve symbol : class Jelly
>
> Houston we have a problem, Jelly is currently not
> Gumpified (because
> it depends on a lot of stuff that is not Gumpified
> either and even
> seemed to run into circular dependencies).
>
> Is there a stable binary of Jelly that Latka could
> depend upon?  Note
> that Latka would lose the "there is an incompatible
> API change"
> warning mechanism of Gump if we allowed it to have
> binary
> dependencies.
>
> Stefan
>
> --