commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Jelly] handing invalid XML
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:06:56 GMT
Hi all,

I am preparing a change to the
org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly class that will allow
clients to enable XML validation.  However I noticed
that the XMLParser.warning(SAXException) method simply
logs warnings without throwing the exception.  That
means that whether or not validation succeeds, the
script will continue to execute.

Is that really the desired behaviour?  I would have
assumed that a script would fail if it was not valid
and validation was enabled.  Can/should I modify the
XMLParser class so that warnings will result in a
SAXException?

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange