commons-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Latka][Proposal] Make Jelly a required dependency?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:56:45 GMT
It sounds like moving Jelly to either Commons Proper
or to a top-level subproject is nearly a fait
accompli, so I'm going to start making some commits
that remove the legacy XML processing.

Even though Latka's been around longer than Jelly,
Latka is still in beta, so I'm not too worried about
having Jelly as a dependency.  In fact, I thinking
converting to Jelly might actually hasten our progress
to a release candidate.

- Morgan

--- Steve Downey <steve.downey@netfolio.com> wrote:
> Well, commons-sandbox is supposed to be a
> whiteboard/scratchpad area. It's
> also functioning as an incubator. I don't think the
> intent is for something
> to live there forever. Having a dependency on a
> sandbox project is having a
> dependency on something that has no plans of
> releasing.
>
> The first step out of sandbox isn't a release. It's
> becoming an official
> project.
>
> For Jelly, given all the activity and commitment,
> being accepted as a project
> ought to be a layup.
>

> On Monday 14 October 2002 04:17 am,
> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> > Is there a rule somewhere about not having sandbox
> components as a
> > dependency? Or is this a general call to move
> Jelly to commons?
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

=====