commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: [Latka][Proposal] Make Jelly a required dependency?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:43:44 GMT
Well, commons-sandbox is supposed to be a whiteboard/scratchpad area. It's
also functioning as an incubator. I don't think the intent is for something
to live there forever. Having a dependency on a sandbox project is having a
dependency on something that has no plans of releasing.

The first step out of sandbox isn't a release. It's becoming an official
project.

For Jelly, given all the activity and commitment, being accepted as a project
ought to be a layup.