commons-dev mailing list archives

From scolebou...@btopenworld.com
Subject Re: [clazz] Just a beginning...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:25:40 GMT
Thanks for the start Scott. I almost did the creation myself last night, but decided not to
(as it was late and I was sure to make a mistake ;-)

According to the current divisions, MethodUtils belongs in [lang], not [clazz]. The distinction
being [lang] has simple reflection helpers, [clazz] manages class introspection and manipulation.

In fact, it may be necessary for [clazz] to have a 1.3 dependency to enable the Proxy class
to be used. This would emphasise the difference between the packages.

Last night I promoted the reflection code from [lang sandbox] to [lang]. Thus if you now look
in the [lang] CVS you will find MethodUtils, FieldUtils, ConstructorUtils, ReflectionUtils,
ClassUtils and ArrayUtils.

These are untested however, and the API needs validating. But its a good start. So if you
are looking on changing the [beanutils] code, its actually [lang] you should look at.

Stephen