commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <>
Subject Re: [sql] Refactor JDBCTransformTask
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:32:33 GMT
On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 07:46, wrote:
> I had the same issue with JDBCTransformTask last week for a task at work, so I started
writing MetadataReader in the io subpackage. I've committed the new class and some additional
properties and functionality to the model (Table, Column, and TypeMap). The MetadataReader
only deals with tables and columns in the first iteration since I didn't have time at work,
but the code is there and should be able to made to work with a few tweaks, which I hope to
get to this week unless somebody beats me to it :)
> It also isn't an ant task yet since the clock was ticking and running it from the command
line was all I needed short-term.

Russell's patches are actually more complete.

> This may not be the most appropriate way to go about achieving the separation but it
worked for me and there is at least a starting point.

Without any previous discussion I would ask that you please back out all
your changes so that I can apply Russell's patches cleanly.