commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Alexander <eric.alexan...@genscape.com>
Subject [Jelly] WhileTag
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:30:39 GMT
Hi all! Here's a patch to Jelly for a simple while tag. The usage looks like
this:

<j:while test="${trueVar == 'true'}">
	<i:ask question="Goal:" answer="goal"/>
	<j:if test="${goal == 'exit'}">
		<j:set var="trueVar" value="false"/>
	</j:if>
</j:while>

So it simply takes an Expression for an argument and continues to loop while
it's true.

Anyway, Jelly is really really cool. I'm having a lot of fun with it lately.
Jim Birchfield and I have
also came up with the beginnings to an EJB tag.. Here's a sample of what it
looks like now:

 <ejb:context var="jboss" provider="localhost:1099"
factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"/>
 <ejb:home ctx="jboss" var="plantViewHome"
homeClass="com.genscape.ejb.common.PlantViewHome" jndiName="ejb/PlantView"/>
 <ejb:remote home="plantViewHome" var="plantViewRemote"
remoteClass="com.genscape.ejb.plant.PlantView"/>
 <ejb:invokeMethod var="results" remote="plantViewRemote"
method="findPlant"/>

This is all working pretty good, but we're trying to figure out a way to
pass arguments into the invoked method...
If anyone has any good ideas, just holler!

Thanks!
Eric Alexander