commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dmi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [clazz] Clazz APIs. Take III
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 01:09:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebourne@btopenworld.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [clazz] Clazz APIs. Take III

> Dmitri, at present we have two APIs with some similar aspects, but some
> different. We need to unite them before an implementation.
Sure.

IMO, the AClass stuff is a perfect draft for the implementation of Clazz
interfaces that allow in-memory construction of "classes" a la DynaClass.
OTOH, the APIs I published are primarily interfaces.  They address a couple
of aspects not addressed by A*:  value access/manipulation and
Clazz-provider plug-in architecture.

We need to hash out interfaces before we do any refactoring of the
implementation.

> The AClass/AField code I sent you originally is nothing special. If it
helps
> in building an implemntation then great, otherwise c'est la vie.
I think it takes us 80% of the way and only needs some refactoring.

<snip/>

> Stephen

<snip/>

- Dmitri