commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Taras Tielkes" <ta...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Validator 1.0 Release (Second Call)
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:04:07 GMT
I'm willing to help and contribute to this project in the future.
(Especially where it concerns using this component outside of Struts)

However, with the current documentation (ahem?), it's hard for me to
even figure out *how* things are supposed to work, let alone see if
they are working correctly.

What I would really like to see is a sample (no unit test please,
that's not what is needed) that demonstrates most of the functionality
of commons-validator. I'm talking about a small, command-line
application that does some non-trivial validation. Multiple dependant
validations, using localized resources, some custom validations that
return errors in a meaningful way, using commons-validator utility
methods/classes where applicable.

I think the presence of such a sample would help people understand how
commons-validator can be used. This would again result in more
community participation for this component. (At least, this applies to
myself)

And yes, this is a bit off-topic for this thread :-)

Kind regards,

tt