commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jelly and properties
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:32:27 GMT
From: "Jim Birchfield" <jim.birchfield@genscape.com>
> I would like to see Jelly look for a jelly.properties file on the
classpath
> and load the properties to be available for Jelly to use in the script.
> James, have you had any thoughts around this issue?  It is easy to set the
> properties when using Maven, but as I am starting to use Jelly as a
> scripting language outright, It would be nice to have this feature.  Also,
> like the possibility of having a <j:properties> tag (thanks Bob) that can
> load a given properties file to be made available.

Sounds like a good idea.

If you bootstrapped Jelly from either inside Ant or with an Ant Project
scope, you could just use the Ant <properties> tag to load properties into
Jelly. Though I know Maven did some clever jiggery pokery so that dynamic
expressions could be put inside the properties file which would then get
lazily evaluated on demand. So maybe we should migrate some of that
functionality into core Jelly?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/