commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: [Jelly] WhileTag
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:39:43 GMT
Well Eric, what I did in our script engine is something like this:

<method-tag name="methodName" target="$someObject">
   <arg value="$var" type="int|string|whatever" />
</method-tag>

It supports any 'type' and number of arguments. I'm not sure yet what
the jelly way is, though I hope find/or create it :-)

We are seriously considering replacing our script engine with Jelly, so
if you find it before I do, let us know!

Cool work on the EJB tag.

- Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Alexander [mailto:eric.alexander@genscape.com]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 5:31 PM
To: 'commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: [Jelly] WhileTag

Hi all! Here's a patch to Jelly for a simple while tag. The usage looks
like
this:

<j:while test="${trueVar == 'true'}">
	<i:ask question="Goal:" answer="goal"/>
	<j:if test="${goal == 'exit'}">
		<j:set var="trueVar" value="false"/>
	</j:if>
</j:while>

So it simply takes an Expression for an argument and continues to loop
while
it's true.

Anyway, Jelly is really really cool. I'm having a lot of fun with it
lately.
Jim Birchfield and I have
also came up with the beginnings to an EJB tag.. Here's a sample of what
it
looks like now:

 <ejb:context var="jboss" provider="localhost:1099"
factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"/>
 <ejb:home ctx="jboss" var="plantViewHome"
homeClass="com.genscape.ejb.common.PlantViewHome"
jndiName="ejb/PlantView"/>
 <ejb:remote home="plantViewHome" var="plantViewRemote"
remoteClass="com.genscape.ejb.plant.PlantView"/>
 <ejb:invokeMethod var="results" remote="plantViewRemote"
method="findPlant"/>

This is all working pretty good, but we're trying to figure out a way to
pass arguments into the invoked method...
If anyone has any good ideas, just holler!

Thanks!
Eric Alexander